Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Movie recomendations


We've recently had two snows days!! Being the normal high school senior I've been sleeping in, and getting a little caught up on a few things. However nothing beats just putting on some pj's and watching a movie. I LOVE MOVIES! I watch new movies almost every weekend. Most people enjoy TV more, but TV in my opinion is now trash, and I enjoy reading, but call me a theater kid, I enjoy seeing what is happening. These are a few movies that I love to watch. My go to movies for when I just want unwind.

First: 500 Days of Summer; of how I adore this movie. It is easily one of my favorites. Not many times do I look at life differently after seeing a movie, but this movie changed my outlook on love and life in general. I LOVE IT! I advise everyone to watch it. It is not a love story. It is a story about love.
Second: Fantastic Mr. Fox; This movie is not for everyone, however it is something that if you do watch it, you will enjoy every second. It is kind of a kids film with adult humor, which is always enjoyable.
Third: The Truman Show; I love Jim Carrey. He is easily one of my favorite actors. My mom hates him because she believes he plays the same role in every movie. Although that may be true, he plays that one role so well! This movie was shown to me going into my freshman year of high school and it makes you ask the question "am I doing what I really want to?" It's got one of those lesson in it. I watch it when I need some guidance in life.
Fourth: Saving Private Ryan; After I traveled to France a while ago I was recommend this movie. It is absolutely beautiful to say the least. The last three movies don't show it, but I think war movies are my favorite movies. This is one of those movies where you are drawn in within the first minutes. Matt Damon and Tom Hanks are the dream in this film. The film shows the true sacrifices that happened in World War II, and how one team served America to their fullest duties. It's movies like this that make you feel patriotic and just simply love America.
Fifth: 50/50; Warning; you will cry. I never cry, and this movie had me crying harder than ever. Joesph- Gordon Levitt took on the role of a man who has a 50/50 shot of surviving cancer. This movie is well written and executed. With movies about an illness, I hate to say it, it is taken to the next level and I feel like it doesn't need that sometimes. This movie however was on point. The actors connected with their character really well and it worked. Seth Rogen deserves a round of applause too, because he played a role so different from anything.

What do you like to watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment